Job Title: Product Manager
Department: Product Management
Reporting relationship: EVP – Product Management
Work schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; overtime as required
Exemption status: Exempt
Grade/Salary Range: to be determined
The Product Manager is responsible for planning and execution throughout new and existing product lifecycles, including gathering and prioritizing product, market, customer, and company requirements and working closely with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Sales, and Support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager must be a go-to person in the business, responsible for maintaining a general understanding of all aspects of the business, and must communicate information to various teams to ensure team awareness.
The Product Manager must interface effectively with customer types including business owners, operations managers, technical and operation personnel, and end users to determine product requirements and support needs and communicate these requirements. The Product Manager will evaluate the market and identify key competitors, and identify critical product cost targets and marketplace differentiation. The Product Manager will utilize business tools to create user stories, and work with engineering managers on creating development tasks and release schedules. The Product Manager will work with the Marketing team to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand product positioning, key benefits, and target vertical markets. The Product Manager must work with the cross-functional team to produce key technical and marketing material for product release that will be used to educate the Support team, Sales Channel, Key Customers to increase product adoption and minimize customer support needs.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the product roadmap and architecture
- Manage the new and existing product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers, non-customers, and competitor evaluations
- Drive a solution set across cross-functional teams (primarily Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Marketing) through market and product requirements, and product positioning
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, alongside all departments
- potential partner relationships for the product
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of software or hardware marketing/product management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Agile development with Scrum experience is preferred
- Passion for having an influence on customer life safety and asset protection
- Knowledgeable in technology and integration
- Experience working with UL or outside Labs for regulatory compliance is desirable
- Experience with Intrusion products is desirable
- Ability to plan, direct, and host customer facing webinars and other presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- This position requires 15% travel to customer and non-customer sites.
- Adaptive to change and ability to lead changes in business direction
Other (e.g. customer contact or access to confidential information): Has contact with outside vendors, customers, etc. Has access to information that is considered confidential; product forecast, product cost, product development schedules, financial information, employee related information, etc.