Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Fishers, Indiana
It is an exciting time to work for Stanley Security, part of STANLEY Products and Solutions. Join a team recognized as a leading global manufacturer and integrator of comprehensive security solutions. We design and manufacture industry leading physical security solutions including video monitoring, electronic access control, alarm systems and big data analytics for retail. Our world-class portfolio comprises four trusted, market-tested brands: 3xLOGIC, PACOM, Sonitrol and PAC/GDX.
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our dynamic group.
The primary function of this role is to provide application and configuration support to our installed customer base and assistance during the installation and configuration phases of deployments involving Stanley Security video, intrusion and access control products. This is a customer facing role that requires an extensive knowledge of Video Management Systems, Electronic Access Control Systems and Intrusion Detection Systems. The role will be based in a regional Stanley Security Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
Attention to detail and customer relations skills are key to success in this role, and essential in the Company’s expansion strategy. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite for success in this role. The ability to logically troubleshoot customer issues and resolve the concern in a timely manner is required.
Stanley Security is a dynamic company and offers a highly challenging, yet interesting work environment. This position will be expected to engage with the Sales, Technical and Development teams, sharing and working with them to achieve the highest level of success and customer satisfaction.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain an extensive working knowledge of Stanley Security products.
- Work with Stanley Security customers to diagnose and resolve technical issues, questions and concerns.
- Work effectively with the Stanley Security sales and technical teams as required to ensure issue resolutions are provided quickly and correctly.
- Strong knowledge of the setup and configuration of 3rd party systems integrating with Stanley Security solutions.
- Assist in the creation of technical and application notes on Stanley Security products.
- Effectively and efficiently document in detail problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- In-house configuration of Stanley Security product solutions to ensure they meet the Statement of Works/Functional Specification for a project.
- Work with the Technical Support team to assure a smooth transition from pre-sales to the post-sales implementation environment.
- Work with the Development team to ensure internal and external product feedback is incorporated into the product development cycle.
- Work with the Product Test team to ensure Stanley Security product testing environments accurately reflect real-world deployments.
- Remote response to technical support of product upgrades/patches.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of experience in PC configuration/troubleshooting with Windows operating system, in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Support/Technical support/Helpdesk/IT Support
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ and the ability to manipulate data effectively and efficiently using SQL & MSSQL administration and support skills strongly preferred
- Excellent customer services skills, and broad knowledge of principles and best practices in customer care strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills; in particular, the ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Strong knowledge of database architectures and methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2008, Windows XP and Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Excellent knowledge of VM Environments and Microsoft Clustering
- Ability to work on classified projects, some of which may require government, police or other clearance
- Ability to work without direct supervision
REQUISITION NUMBER: 62662BR
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Apply today! Click here