Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Orlando, Florida
STANLEY Products and Solutions, part of Stanley Black & Decker, designs and manufactures industry leading physical security solutions including video monitoring, electronic access control, alarm systems and big data analytics for retail. Our world-class portfolio comprises four trusted, market-tested brands: 3xLOGIC, PACOM, Sonitrol and PAC/GDX.
This position is dedicated to the development, maintenance, and support of technical information for STANLEY Product & Solutions/3XLogic. The Technical Writer is integral to producing a consistent voice and brand across all documentation whilst also ensuring that every level and type of engineer or end user can understand and utilize the informational documentation we provide.
This is not a remote position. Must be able to sit onsite in Orlando, Florida 32826.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce and update technical manuals and technical documentation for the STANLEY Products & Solutions to support the service network and end customers globally.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Organize existing documents, manage revisions and updates, identify documentation needs, and lead efforts to fill in gaps.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering managers.
- Research and build knowledge about products, services and technology.
- Learn and use products to update, validate and verify technical manuals.
- Be structured and well-organized in approach to work, multi-tasking and readjusting priorities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communications, IT or other related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in writing customer facing documentation for software, firmware, and/or hardware products.
- Strong written communication skills with experience in engineering/technical writing, terminology and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficiency in MS Visio Familiarity with schematics and technical drawings
- Experience in testing, validating and verifying technical manuals.
- Experience in Adobe products including Abode Acrobat and Photoshop
- Confidence to work independently or as part of a team
- Inquiring mind/inquisitive nature with attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
REQUISITION NUMBER: 63475BR
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Apply today! Click here