The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA is a cause-driven 4-star charity, strengthening Hillsborough and East Pasco communities for 130+ years through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Across the Association, 18 facilities engage 242,000+ men, women and children—regardless of age, income or background—to nurture the potential of children and teens.
When Nate Valentin, VP of Information Technology, joined the Tampa YMCA in September 2019, he was immediately presented with an opportunity. “We had received a generous donation to be used for surveillance cameras, and I was tasked with interviewing vendors and evaluating platforms to determine how best to leverage this donation.” Valentin and his team devised plans that would go well beyond a standard video surveillance system.
Along with Redwire and 3xLOGIC, Valentin and his team came up with a phased project plan to take over existing cameras in three locations, install 150 new 3xLOGIC cameras, upgrade fire and intrusion systems, and bring all camera management under the 3xLOGIC VIGIL video management system. All this work would be accomplished across 18 different locations.
- Phase I of the project called for installation of approximately 150 3xLOGIC cameras at all the non-legacy camera locations—the smaller buildings received 4-camera packages, most locations have 16, and the largest facilities have 20-25 cameras.
- All camera installation was completed by Redwire in record time while the Y facilities were temporarily shut down in response to Covid-19.
- The 3xLOGIC cameras cover a wide range of areas of interest— parking lots, pools, any childcare areas, workout centers, front desks, and basketball courts. Phase II of the project will see fire and intrusion systems upgraded and monitored by RedWire. 3xLOGIC video surveillance will also be used to verify anything these systems flag.
- Tampa YMCA plans to establish a call center to accomplish the important goals of enhancing member engagement and satisfaction. Call center staff will be able to access live video feeds of key areas across all YMCA locations so members can call in to ask, for example, if a basketball court is free or how many swim lanes are open.
- The call center will serve a dual purpose: “Not only will we be able to give our members up-to-the-minute, accurate information about the status of facilities, this will also take some of the load off front desk staff so they can better serve the person standing in front of them,” Valentin explained.
VIGIL Server software, now 64-bit, is the core around which all other 3xLOGIC applications are built. The Easy Setup Wizard guides installation, so you’re up and running in minutes. VIGIL Server utilizes proprietary RapidStream Technology and Substream Motion Detection capabilities to provide high resolution over low bandwidth networks. Server is compatible with all ONVIF Profile S cameras, including 3xLOGIC’s Time of Flight, Thermal, V- and S-Series cameras, and the newly-released VISIX Gen III cameras. VIGIL Client offers unrivaled access to live/recorded video from any networked VIGIL Server NVR. Intelligent SmartSearch™ quickly identifies and reviews events of interest. Seamless infinias Access Control integration creates a complete solution.
View Lite II
With 3xLOGIC’s View Lite II, you can use your smart device to access and monitor your surveillance cameras. View Lite II is a mobile app designed to allow a user to connect to and view V-Series standalone cameras and cameras connected to a VIGIL VMS Server. With a simple drag-and-drop interface and 9 different layout options, you can easily view up to 48 live camera feeds simultaneously. With alarm push notifications, Digital I/O support and POS/ATM searches, 3xLOGIC’s View Lite II is an excellent way to quickly access your VIGIL surveillance system data anytime, anywhere.
3xLOGIC video is a great tool and it gives us the information we need to make good, informed decisions. We also saw video and our overall security system as a way to enhance our member’s experience and to increase member engagement.
3xLOGIC Inc. has been a leading innovator in server and cloud-based security technology for 15+ years. The company is recognized for providing easy-to-use surveillance and business intelligence solutions that seamlessly integrate video, access control, and disparate data such as ATM, Point-of-Sale, analytics, and more.
3xLOGIC’s video surveillance solutions are engineered for ease of installation, scalability and affordability combined with a managed services portfolio that enables integrators to effectively evolve from dealers to high-value strategic partners.